The Purchasing Agent will purchase goods and services according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Purchases equipment and components along with services according to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with managers to maintain sufficient inventory levels.
- Works with sales and project team leads to ensure timely sourcing for equipment related to current projects
- Evaluates vendors based on price, reliability, capability, and previous transaction history.
- Works with vendors to negotiate volume and cash transaction discounts, and other available discounts.
- Ensures that purchasing documents are complete and accurate and include appropriate and reasonable terms and conditions.
- Maintains pricing histories and other vendor records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of purchasing procedures and policies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field highly preferred.
- At least two years of purchasing experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine purchasing needs.
- May require travel.
- 401k profit sharing plan (100% match on the first 3% of your base salary with ½% match on the next 2% of your base salary) 90 days post hire
- 67% employer paid medical benefits program
- 10 days PTO (paid time off for vacation and sick pay)
- 9 Paid company holidays
- Paid training and travel for career relevant seminars, certifications and licenses