We are looking for an entry-level electrical engineering technician to join our K2 Kinetics team in York PA - ONE OF THE COOLEST PLACES TO WORK IN PA! Someone who enjoys working with others and loves automation applications. Someone who desires to work with electrical control systems that integrate and control packaging lines, machines, and conveyors.
Interest the design and development of PLC based control systems is a must. This includes the generation of electrical schematics, safety circuits, BOMs, panel layouts, network architecture, device configuration, PLC programming, and HMI development.
Experience working in a clean manufacturing environment a plus as we concentrate on packaging lines, packaging OEM equipment/machines, and conveyors. Prior work in food, beverage, and CPG is ideal.
- Assist in the design, develop, configure, program, and commission controls systems for packaging lines
- Integrate OEM equipment, machines, conveyors, and other systems into a single line control system.
- Using CAD, design the electrical schematics, safety circuits, and control panel layouts.
- Generate cable and wire pull-sheets for electrical installation
- Setup up networks and configure devices.
- Program PLCs
- Develop machine level operator interfaces and line level HMIs
- Work with design, engineering, and project managers to define scope and function of systems
- Work with vendors, equipment suppliers, and contractors
- Work with controls engineers on larger projects
- Work with control technicians, electricians, and shop personnel to install packaging equipment, lines, and systems
- Test and fully vet out applications in our shop
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Test (FATs) in the shop for customer approval.
- Travel (some) to customer’s site for installation and commissioning
You will learn about:
- Field Devices: PE, Limit Switches, Lasers, Product Level, etc.
- Product ID: Bar-code scanners and cameras.
- Discrete and Analog IO
- Safety circuits, relays, and field devices (Light Curtains, Door Locking SSW, Gate SSW, etc.)
- PLC - Allen Bradley CompactLogix, ControlLogix, SLC, and uLogix
- HMI - Allen-Bradley PanelViews, FTViewME/SE
- Communications - Allen Bradley Ethernet I/P, RSLinx
- VFDs – Allen-Bradley PowerFlex 525
- Servos - Allen Bradley Kinetix 5500
- AutoCAD electrical design
Desired Knowledge of (but not all required)
- Wonderware InTouch, Historian, and System Platform
- Ignition HMI, data collection, OEE, DT
- Rockwell ControlNet, DeviceNet, RSNetworks
- Other Rockwell VFDs, and Motion
- Siemens PLCs, VFDs, Motion, and HMIs
- Robotics - ABB, FANUC, other brands
- Vision - Keyence / Cognex
- Food process control - mixers, cookers, tempering, heat exchangers, chilled water, steam control, CIP systems, and batch control is a definite plus and may be considered in lieu of packaging experience
PTO / Vacation time allotment
9 Paid Company holidays
Medical benefits coverage (Employer deferred)
Company contributions to voluntary retirement program